So you just heard about Fiverr and you are wondering is Fiverr legit or a scam? Is it worth it?
plus many other unanswered questions that have been bugging your mind. Worry no more
because, in this post, I answered all these questions and more. I also listed some of the pros
and cons of Fiverr but first you need to know what Fiverr is all about and I will explain that in
the next section.
What is Fiverr and how does it work?
Fiverr is one of the most popular freelancing websites that aim to connect freelancers to clients that are looking for their services. This means you can call it a freelancing marketplace because it involves the buying and selling of services.
So how does Fiverr work?
Fiverr acts as the middle man between both parties. That means if you are on Fiverr, you are either a buyer or a seller of gigs (services). The buyer orders for a gig and pays in advance to Fiverr while the seller works on the order and ensures to deliver the it at the agreed time. Once the order is confirmed complete, the seller can then withdraw their funds after 7 or 14 days. This way, Fiverr ensures that both the Fiverr sellers and buyers get what they want. So far I don’t think I have mentioned anything illegal about the site which says ”Yes” to the question “is fiver legit to make money?”.
Can you make good money on Fiverr?
Fiverr was first launched in 2010 and started by providing job opportunities in 8 different categories. Today Fiverr offers services in over 200 categories with over 3.42 million active buyers, generating $189.51 million in revenue annually. That said, you can make good money on Fiverr, by delivering professional services that can fetch as much as $500 per job.
But how much can a beginner earn on Fiverr? Beginners on Fiverr can start by selling gigs at the rate of $5 which is the minimum price set by Fiverr. You can increase this price over time by building a good reputation which is achieved by delivering satisfying services to your clients and gathering good reviews. So depending on the effort and time you put in, you can make from $100 to $400 per month.
Pros of Fiverr
Here are some of the benefits of freelancing on Fiverr
- Opening a Fiverr account as a freelancer is free. You only pay 20 percent commission
on any project you complete.
- On Fiverr, you can find gigs at a very affordable rate starting from $5
- Fiverr provides opportunities for thousands of gigs, you will surely find your category
as a freelancer, and as a buyer, you will surely find the gig you are looking for.
- Fiverr offers a payment protection plan that ensures that both the buyer and the
seller are happy at the end of every order.
- Fiverr offers flexible work timing such as fixed projects and hourly projects.
Cons of Fiverr
Here are some of the problems with Fiverr
- You might have heard some people saying “Fiverr scammed me” well that can be true in a way. As with most freelancing platforms, you will likely run into buyers that will try to trick you into doing free jobs for them or will want to short you on a frivolous claim.
- Fiverr offer cheap services and you know the saying “you get what you pay for”.
- Most of the time you get an average quality project which can be bad for your
Is Fiverr.com really a scam?
In a simple sentence, Fiverr.com is not a scam. It is the nature of online jobs hunt to harbor scammers but thankfully, Fiverr.com put up some measures to ensure your safety as a buyer and seller on the platform. One of the things I do is to check Fiverr reviews. So I encourage buyers to always look out for the best Fiverr reviews for sellers and as a seller, also do the same for buyers before accepting their task.
Fiverr is no doubt one of the biggest freelancing platforms. It is beginners friendly for freelancers and a good place for buyers to outsource their projects at an affordable price. Ensure that you read Fiverr’s Terms of Service and always play by their rules in other to be successful and have a scam-free experience.